Madison Settlements Covid-19 Response Plan
During this unprecedented time, when COVID-19 is affecting not only our communities but the entire world, we are here to provide you with a safe, secure, convenient closing experience. Effective immediately, we are implementing procedures across Madison in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and WHO. This situation is constantly evolving and our practices will evolve with it. Please be assured that we are doing everything in our power to protect our clients, partners, and staff. We firmly believe in the importance of implementing social distancing to protect you, ourselves, and our community. As a result, we are implementing the following procedures for our Covid-19 response plan:
- Due to the nature of this situation, our policies on in-person closings change based on restrictions from the state and federal government. We will contact you prior to your visit to update you on guidelines.
- For the health and safety of our staff, if you are showing cold or flu symptoms or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with Covid-19, please contact us prior to appearing in person.
- Identification verification will be completed prior to closing. For safety of our clients and staff, we ask that all clients email or text a photo of their valid, government issued ID.
- We will distribute digital copies of closing documents to all clients once available. This will allow clients to review settlement documents from the comfort of their home.
- Upon request, we will provide a digital copy of the signed documents.
OUR OFFICES & EMPLOYEES:
- We are equipped to completely operate our business and support our customers with almost everyone working remotely. This limits the personal contact in our offices and makes them safer for our clients and staff. Their health and safety is our top priority.
- We’ve implemented our business continuity plan to ensure that we don’t have any single points of failure, should we end up with employees off sick.
GOVERNMENT AND COURTHOUSE CLOSURES:
- We have coordinated a plan with our underwriters. They have confirmed that they will provide gap coverage to allow us to conduct closings.
- We will continue to monitor the courthouse and government shutdowns and will communicate any changes in our procedures.
The procedures above are effective immediately and will continue until further notice. We will update our procedures and communications as needed. Also, we firmly believe it is our responsibility to provide you with safety and security when buying, selling, or refinancing your home. Our role has expanded to include the protection of your health and well-being, along with that of our staff, partners, and communities. We take this responsibility to heart and are working diligently to provide you with exceptional service and security. Thank you for placing your trust in our team.